[Fsf-india] Time to start another flame

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:10:43 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vikram wrote:
>  Some time ago, Linux was the best OS to run in computer labs at IIT,
> since it saved some money. But that too, changed when Bill Gates
	Money wasn't the original reason most of us started using
GNU/Linux (coz RMS is on list j/k ;). For me it was the adventure
of learning something new. A set of new playthings actually.
Until 2000 nobody cared either.

	But after the NASSCOM started the crackdown on piracy in
commercial companies, this aspect has been coming into focus.
> visited IIT, and said, "No license required for you chaps". And we
> still run Linux on computers.
	I wonder why Bill thought they'd fall for that one !.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success