[Fsf-india] Time to start another flame

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:55:59 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 at 09:50, CK Raju wrote:

   I think this would be an apt time to start off another flame on
   proprietary licenses.

   To set it going I have articulated my views on budget and IT in
   The Hindu, available at
   http://www.hinduonnet.com/stories/2002031200791004.htm . The
   President's address to Parliament, Union Budget and most of the
   declared State Budgets contain references to the figures from
   Software Exports, but no mention on the imported Software License
   costs (as if there is no alternative).

   RMS's presence not being covered in the Press can be taken up
   while responding to it. Would the response been the same, had it
   been Bill Gates ?

   There is also no mention of Free Software or GNU/Linux in this
   article, all of which could be perfectly used to champion a
   cause. Since The Hindu 'edits' the letter, it would be wise to
   articulate just one viewpoint at one go.

   Options for sending opinion towards the article are available at
   that page or can be directly sent to letters@thehindu.co.in (with
   full address).

Ajay, given above is a mail from one of my fellow subscribers, with
whom I share the anxieties and concerns. As a consultant in the
Union Ministry of Finance, you might be the right person to addess
the listers to enlighten them about the state of affairs.

--
Radhakrishnan