[Fsf-india] Time to start another flame

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:56:15 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, CK Raju wrote:

->Friends,
->I think this would be an apt time to start off another flame on proprietary
->licenses.
->
->To set it going I have articulated my views on budget and IT in The Hindu,
->available at http://www.hinduonnet.com/stories/2002031200791004.htm .
->The President's address to Parliament, Union Budget and most of the declared
->State Budgets contain references to the figures from Software Exports, but no
->mention on the imported Software License costs (as if there is no
->alternative).
->

I tried to get the import figures from economics experts from
some friends.  They are yet to respond.  But all of you should
try to get this information, particularly people in Delhi. People
I am sure are misinformed.  We should try to correct this.  If we
can draw a balance sheet and show whether it is positive or
negative gain, and if it is positive how much it is, will be a
substantial argument for FS.

Nagarjuna