[Fsf-india] Time to start another flame

CK Raju ckra@vsnl.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:50:13 +0530

------=_NextPartTM-000-ca4a888c-34eb-11d6-9f67-dbd63469a8dd

Friends,
I think this would be an apt time to start off another flame on proprieta=
ry=20
licenses.

To set it going I have articulated my views on budget and IT in The Hindu=
,=20
available at http://www.hinduonnet.com/stories/2002031200791004.htm .
The President's address to Parliament, Union Budget and most of the decla=
red=20
State Budgets contain references to the figures from Software Exports, bu=
t no=20
mention on the imported Software License costs (as if there is no=20
alternative).

RMS's presence not being covered in the Press can be taken up while=20
responding to it. Would the response been the same, had it been Bill Gate=
s ?=20

There is also  no mention of Free Software or GNU/Linux in this article, =
all=20
of which could be perfectly used to champion a cause. Since The Hindu 'ed=
its'=20
the letter, it would be wise to articulate just one viewpoint at one go.

Options for sending opinion towards the article are available at that pag=
e or=20
can be directly sent to letters@thehindu.co.in (with full address).

:-) A mail a day might keep one proprietary license away.

Rgds,
Raju

------=_NextPartTM-000-ca4a888c-34eb-11d6-9f67-dbd63469a8dd

****** Message from InterScan E-Mail VirusWall NT ******

** No virus found in attached file noname.htm

This is a virus free message scanned by Zyberway