[Fsf-india] RMS stay in Delhi

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:46:44 +0530

Raju Mathur posts :

> planning to  go off to  Canada for a  while, dates not fixed  yet.  If
> that happens in the middle  of RMS' stay, we'll organise another place
> for him

This is  really a very *good* gesture  from your side.  A  pucca show of
volunteerism and that too of offering *one's own house* for RMS' stay. I
am really moved....a gesture worth emulating by all of us here. :)

Thanks very much indeed.

> If the person  who's looking after RMS' itinerary  would contact me by
> private e-mail I can give you the address and contact numbers

RMS' itinerary  is looked after  by himself, so  you should mail RMS at
<rms@gnu.org> and get everything fixed up real fast.

> I promise  I'll remove the Red Hat  logo and get Debian  running on my
> GNU/GNU/GNU/GNU/GNU/GNU/GNU/Linux box before he comes over

RMS said the other  day that Red Hat is also helping  the FS movement by
hiring  coders/developers.  Debian  is better  in that  it distinguishes
software  licenses   and  keeps  it  ordered  separately   so  that  the
user/developer knows  what exactly he/she  is doing and how  best he/she
can  deploy stuff.   Debian gives  the user/developer  the choice  to do
things better and in a *free* sort  of way.  So it is not that important
you remove the Red Hat logo....

It is more important to help us better the cause in whatever little ways
you  can.   This can  be  done  by an  influential  person  like you  by
persuading your kernel  group to change tack by  calling things properly
thereby giving credit where it is due. ;-)

--
 /(__  __|\  ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
(    \/  __)_       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio