[Fsf-india] Re: RMS talk in Bangalore

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:28:07 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 at 20:26, Muthukrishnan, Ramakrishnan wrote:

   "Rajkumar S." wrote:

   > Can any one who has attended the B'lore function give us a small
   > report about the events there?

   I attended two talks one yesterday and one today. Yesterday's one
   was "Free software and dissemination of scientific information"
   (or something similar). This was not the usual talk RMS gives on
   Free Software, it was a lot related to the scientific publishing
   (as it was given to a crowd of people who work in that area).
   Lots of issues on copyrights, copying applied to things other
   than free software etc was discussed. And as usual it was
   followed by a fantastic Q&A session. I have recorded this speech
   in full on tapes. I can convert them into Ogg Vorbis, but I don't
   have space and bandwidth to put them. If someone can
   volunteer....

I'm very much interested in this talk. Could you tell me the URL of
the audio file or can you send me a CDROM with this talk, I can put
this in the TUGIndia site.

Do you have a transcript of this talk? Or is it possible to get one?
If yes, I can put this as a pdf document as well.

--
Radhakrishnan