[Fsf-india] Moving on...

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:31:37 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rajkumar S. wrote:
> But some activities of FSF India can be done via net itself,like
> web site management and project guidance for college students.
	I think these two activities have been ignored for too long.
> We have enough and more resources but what is lacking here is the
> knowledge about the resource and effective coordination between them.
	What is lacking is interest. The attitude conveyed is that of
*pure* apathy. The list wakes up only when RMS ventures near India.
> The board should be the body that must provide vision to the FSF,
> Board takes over all strategic decision while the wg implements
> various programs on it's location. working group should be localized.
> Board should organize itself in such a way that for a particular task
> their must be one person who is responsible. If everybody is
	I think this was what everybody intended. We would really like
to know what happened behind the scenes.
> For example if I am conducing a GNU/Linux course in Trivandrum and I
> need a faculty for mail server configuration. I must be able to ask a
> particular person in the board or assigned by the board who should be
> able to give me some pointers where such a resource can be found.
	I don't remember you posting any such request here. I also don't
think such a post came in ILUG-TVM either (I've been reading archives).

	But to say FSF India board is not helping a GNU course conducted
partly by them is unpardonable. But as you say "It has to act regionally".
(I'll let you figure out that point).
> When ever a request comes to the list, if the response is a single
> line like "can any one take up this?" no one will come forward. It is
> the board's responsibility to make sure that any particular job is
> assigned to some person.
	FSF India is *not* a band of knights to help every maiden in distress.
People will help if they want to, volunteer work is not to be forced
upon. Why should they if all that comes out of FSF India is "hot air",
and that's in summer. The point is the leadership should lead from the
front and not prod people from behind the line.
> Board via it's communication should make sure that the every list
> members feels that they are part of FSF and can contribute to it.
	Where is FSF ?. There is no real work done by FSF India. Makes me
think I'm making a mistake assigning "(c) FSF-India" for my code.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success