[Fsf-india] Re: RMS talk in Bangalore

Muthukrishnan, Ramakrishnan rkrishnan@ti.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 20:26:20 +0530

"Rajkumar S." wrote:

> Can any one who has attended the B'lore function give us a small
> report about the events there?

I attended two talks one yesterday and one today. Yesterday's one was
"Free software and dissemination of scientific information" (or
something similar). This was not the usual talk RMS gives on Free
Software, it was a lot related to the scientific publishing (as it was
given to a crowd of people who work in that area). Lots of issues on
copyrights, copying applied to things other than free software etc was
discussed. And as usual it was followed by a fantastic Q&A session. I
have recorded this speech in full on tapes. I can convert them into Ogg
Vorbis, but I don't have space and bandwidth to put them. If someone can
volunteer....

I was late for today's speech ("Copyrights in the age of computer
networks") I heard only half of it. It was mostly the same as the one
put at the gnu.org site (Ogg file) with the same title. Q&A was good.
Again I have recorded whatever I heard and would like to share them with
those who missed it. Again space and bandwidth...

--
     Ramakrishnan M