[Fsf-india] RMS: request from IIT, Bombay, INDIA (fwd)

Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:54:48 +0530 (IST)

A query from Prof George Easaw... FN

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:44:42 +0530 (IST)
From: George Easaw <george@me.iitb.ac.in>
To: Frederick Noronha <fred@bytesforall.org>
Cc: mksarav@comp.nus.edu.sg

dear fred amd saravanan,

this is a request at the last minute.

can we get prof stallman to give a lecture in iit bombay , since he is
already coming to india, bangalore and chennai ?

regarding his stay we have all facilities here in IIT. imagine we can
arrange for funds for his travel too. profs here in IIT have shown great
interest and there is a large student following for him here and they will
be thrilled to the bones ..

will he agree to talk in IIT Bombay ? is his schedule fixed ie return trip
? can we squeeze a couple of days for him in mumbai ? is it OK to approach
him at the last minute.. how to contact him in US ? and his contact in
IISc bangalore ?

you see i am totally blank to these questions. you better advice me how to
go ahead.waiting for a positive reply from both of you ..

With kind regards,
George Easaw