[Fsf-india] Re: RMS talk in Bangalore (fwd)

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:26:53 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

->On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 at 11:00, Devang Patel wrote:
->
->[...]
->
->   One or more resignation won't guarantee that it will never happen
->   again. It is better to amend whatever FSF India Board
->   policy/procedure is regarding the sharing information on this
->   mailing list.
->
->Who's there to amend the policy/procedure of the FSF India Board? Do
->you know that FSF India is going to be registered as a non-profit
->company and the sole share holders and board of directors are the
->members of the current FSF India Board? Dont you sense the
->foundations of silence in the irrevocable positions they've acquired
->in the Company?
->
->How the community will force a change of policy on the five member
->board who're the owners of the company?
->
->Prof Gopinath hasn't ever posted a mail to this list (as
->Ramakrishnan rightly pointed out, he's always in the read only
->mode), while RMS himself has posted many times when situations
->warranted that. Do you need someone who is tight lipped and seems to
->have taken an oath not to speak at all to lead a community that
->survives solely on the very basis of transparent communication and
->collective efforts?
->
->Do we need a person who goes/acts against the collective
->consciousness of the community? We need to get rid of him at the
->earliest and the rest of the Board members may please help in this.

It may not be very difficult to get him or me out of the board.
But let me warn you it is very difficult to bring them back.  We
havent even heard any response from him, possibly because he
doesn't read the mails from the list.  With all these comments
and demands already made, I doubt if he would chose to be.

Regarding the baord members becoming `owners' of the company.
Dont worry.  So far the board members have not even signed the
papers.  So it is better that we reconstitute the board before
all of you entrust this on a board.

Nagarjuna