[Fsf-india] Logo

Raju Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:07:07 +0530 (IST)

>>>>> "KLAK" == Khuzaima A Lakdawala <klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in> writes:

    KLAK> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 04:44:34 (gosh, what time do you wake
    KLAK> up?), Radhakrishnan CV <cvr@river-valley.org> wrote:

    >> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 at 23:36, M. Balakrishna Pillai wrote:
    >>
    >> What about an outline map of INDIA with GNU logo inside it.
    >>
    >> Why not we leave this to a professional graphic designer with
    >> creativity instead of we, the normal mortals pondering over
    >> such a theme that demands subtle aesthetic sensibility and
    >> creativity with conceptual soundness?

    KLAK> We cannot just walk up to a "professional graphic designer"
    KLAK> and tell him "Make a logo!" We have to give him inputs. We
    KLAK> are discussing those inputs.

    KLAK> So, it seems that the use of the national flag is ruled
    KLAK> out. This presently leaves us with two draft
    KLAK> specifications. One, some "aesthetic" and "creative"
    KLAK> combination of the Gnu head and a peacock. Two, MBP's latest
    KLAK> suggestion of a Gnu head inside an outline map of India (now
    KLAK> a days, even *that* may be considered controversial!).

    KLAK> Let's see if there are any further comments / suggestions
    KLAK> and then we will hopefully finalize on one of the above
    KLAK> specifications.

Here's another one FWIW (since I don't know how well gnus and peacocks
get along in real life :-)

A gnu head filled with saffron shading to white shading to green (the
national flag colours) superimposed on the Ashok Chakra in the
background.  The Ashok Chakra could be, say, 10% larger than the
largest dimension of the gnu head.  Suggests the national flag without
actually being it.

I hope someone else can render this -- I haven't even learned how to
draw a circle in Gimp yet ;-)

Regards,

-- Raju
--