[Fsf-india] Logo

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:03:17 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 at 06:21, Gopal.V wrote:

   > I might be prejudicial
   	Why might that be so ?
   > the proposed logo has a fundamentalist or neo-fascist flavour.

   You lost me there , I don't understand politics let alone flavors
   of it.

Are you serious, then you fail to understand the politics of freedom
for which FSF stands for. The safron color and the tantric frames
would have been considered apolitical a few decades ago, but not now
anyway. It doesn't need much research except to keep ones eyes
opened enough to see the surroundings.

   > Frankly, what is wrong with the GNU head that is used by FSF for all
   > these years?

   Ever seen FSF Europe's logos with the GNU & Europa (IIRC greek
   godess) in it?.

Can you suggest something similar to that in India without inviting
the charge of aligning with someone or infringing the feelings of
someone?

--
Radhakrishnan