[Fsf-india] Logo

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
06 Mar 2002 10:14:42 +0530

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr@river-valley.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 at 18:16, Gopal.V wrote:
>
>    I think this new & polished up logo will be *ahem* better than
>    ranting about "Proprietary Software".
>
> [...]
>
> I might be prejudicial, the proposed logo has a fundamentalist or
> neo-fascist flavour.

Frankly, it is not what I had in mind either. I was thinking in terms
of some sober combination of the GNU head with an Indian symbol
representing freedom, and nothing else. Needless to say, the GNU head
has to be the most prominent part of the logo. If a combination is not
suitable or possible then we should just stick with the GNU head by
itself, appropriately captioned (in *small* print).

--
Khuzaima A. Lakdawala