[Fsf-india] Logo

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
06 Mar 2002 10:38:50 +0530

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, "Gopal.V" <gopalv82@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi E'body,
>
> > And maybe we should also come up with some kind of a "catch phrase" to
> > accompany the logo. Here's one:
> >
> >         Free Software for a Free India. Because Proprietary Software
> >         Enslaves!
> 	I think this new & polished up logo will be *ahem* better than
> ranting about "Proprietary Software".

Please keep in mind that "ranting" about Proprietary Software in
general should be one of our topmost priorities. The best way to make
people understand what we are talking about is to give them a point of
reference -- the ills of Proprietary Software can serve as this
(counter-) point of reference to explain the virtues of Free Software.

--
Khuzaima A. Lakdawala