[Fsf-india] [Fwd: Regd. RMS visit to chennai - update]

Muthukrishnan, Ramakrishnan rkrishnan@ti.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:18:25 +0530

M.K.Saravanan of Chennai (now at NUS, Singapore) is organising a talk at
Chennai. Here is the email.

Ramakrishnan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Regd. RMS visit to chennai - update
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:25:04 +0800 (GMT-8)
From: M K Saravanan <mksarav@comp.nus.edu.sg>
To: Indian Linux User Group - Chennai <ilugc@aero.iitm.ernet.in>
CC: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <rkrishnan@ti.com>

Dear all,

I personally inspired very much by RMS talk at BangLinux 2000 event held
at Bangalore.  I thought if RMS deliver a lecture on "Free Software and
GNU/Linux OS" at chennai that will create a great impact among many
students.

So i wrote a mail to RMS that i will take care of the sponsor of his
chennai visit and requested him to deliver a lecture at MIT, Chennai.
RMS
happily agreed my invitation and I am now to finalise the exact date and
time along with the Bangalore coordinators.

Most probably, RMS lecture will be either on 13th March evening or on
14th
March morning, at MIT campus, Chromepet, Chennai.  However, due to the
flight schedule limitations, 13th March evening seems to be more
convenient.  But the date is yet not confirmed.  So tentatively you can
expect RMS lecture at MIT campus on 13th evening or 14th morning of
March
2002.

Unfortunately my work schedule here at Singapore, is very tight and i
can't make it for the event.  My colleagues at MIT will take care of the
event organisation.  As soon the date and time is confirmed i will
inform
ILUGC.

-- mks --