[Fsf-india] 'rm' command

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:07:14 +0530

If memory serves me right, Shailendra wrote:
>          is there any command to recover a removed file on linux
> system. If anybody knows please mail me....
	Try Midnight commander's (`mc`) undelete option. Take mc, press F9
and cycle menus (cursor keys) until you reach the Command menu. It has
an Undelete option.

	It shows the latest "deleted" INODE numbers.If it is a text file
you lost, you can change the MC's right pane into quickview (C-x q).
And scroll thru the INODES , hopefully you'll spot your file.

Gopal.V

PS: You aren't the only guy who has `rm -rf *`d his life's work ;-)
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success