[Fsf-india] about svgalib

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:32:16 +0530

If memory serves me right, r_sreekumar  wrote:

> Have you used SVGAlib. It a very good substitute for those who are having
> the hang-over of doing graphics in C using TurboC. But my problem is to take
> the print out of the drawings. Can anybody help me in this regard. How to t
> ake printouts of the drawings or at leat save the pictures in bmp or so
	Having nothing much to do these days, I started working on svgalib
(and took my demo BGI stuff.....out) and got some interesting results.

First of all, I guess that running test programs as root (req for svgalib ?)
is very difficult. (I got about 3 crashes .....)

Then coming to the point (I haven't tried this in GNU). It must be a
quite easy to produce XPM images from a screen image. Read an XPM image
to get an idea of what I'm talking about. The ASCII format stuff should
be good enough for most of the stuff. Then just xpmtoppm it and then
ppmto* ...... Most of this will work most of the time, I've tried it
in my BGI stuff to get screenshots. But making an intelligent (sic)
color-to-char chooser will take some work. But for grayscale, or low-color
a static map will do.............

	vga_getgraphmem() ?

Hope you find this useful...........

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success