[Fsf-india] Four more questions...

Ranjit Babu d0153019@ncb.ernet.in
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:37:22 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Gopal.V wrote:

> I wonder who wrote all these programs these 'people' use.......

	We can very well invert that question to - "I wonder who uses
	the programs these developers wrote?". I believe it's not
	confined to the developer clan alone..!

> It's actually the "people" who are in the win-win situation -- what
> does the "developer" get ?. (other than more bugs to fix).

	The developer gets a community that insists on free software, and
	will use it for a reason other than lower cost. The developer will
	also get money for his work and a market for his product.
	( Market - as in 'free' market!).

> I read this as :
> " Eventhough Sasikumar was not a coder, he was able to use GNU/Linux. "
> So did the "tailors" do a good job for the "people" or what ?.

	They did. I'm saying we need more Sasikumars :)

  + Ranjit