[Fsf-india] Four more questions...

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:54:17 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ranjit Babu wrote:
>   I think the right to modify code is absoultely essential- I think
>   it is _the_ right to fight for. My opinion is that we should be
>   fighting for the 'people' and not for the 'tailors'.

I wonder who wrote all these programs these 'people' use.......

>   The vast majority of free software developers are  looking at
>   the right to modify code as something for the ultimate benefit
>   of the dev community, not the free software communty as a whole

same comment again...........

It's actually the "people" who are in the win-win situation -- what
does the "developer" get ?. (other than more bugs to fix).

>   a community that includes people like V. Sasikumar who used GNU/Linux
>   initially because it was easier on the pocket, but decided to stick on
>   because they found the ideology important.

I read this as :
" Eventhough Sasikumar was not a coder, he was able to use GNU/Linux. "

So did the "tailors" do a good job for the "people" or what ?.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success