[Fsf-india] FEATURE: Open source, free software ... in the Third World (long)

Rajkumar S. raj2569@yahoo.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:42:11 +0530 (IST)

On 9 Apr 2002, Khuzaima A. Lakdawala wrote:

> It's just that I was so mad at reading hundreds of lines
> repeatedly saying the same thing (low-cost, no-cost, low-price,
> no-price ad infinitum)

But he was reporting on the reasons why real people are choosing Free
Software. How ever important is the Freedom of Free software, price is
the *most* important factor in choosing Free software for people and
governments in developing countries.

This is a reality and we must accept this. I have come to this
conclusion after doing many rounds of advocacy.

But that do not mean that we stop talking about Freedom, only that we
should not get mad when some one reports reality.

raj