[Fsf-india] workshop on GNU/Linux

Rajkumar S. raj2569@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:04:34 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Rejin NS wrote:

> > History, Development, general information on Linux
> > Basic Unix/Linux Commands
> > Introduction to Shell programming
> > Linux Installation             (Demo)
> > User Administration            (Demo)
> > Setting up Linux Network       (Demo)
> > Unix/Linux C programming Fundamentals - Compiling,
> > Linking, debugging C programs.
> > Modular application development in C
> > Using Make utility for managing large applications
> > Using CVS to manage versions
> > Using diff, patch utilities

This is a lot of stuff!! To do any reasonable justice to this much
topics it will take more than 2 weeks of intense sessions.

What is the current level or awareness of GNU/Linux in your batch? I
would suggest that some one of you prepare some course material and
take the seminar, we in the list can contribute/help with the course
material as well as any doubts that you have. This has the duel
advantage of being more sustainable as well as reusable.

I can help those who create the course material, if they can come to
Trivandrum. To start with I can send you the course material we
prepared for Tvm GNU/Linux user group some time back, along with the
TeX sources.

btw please go through http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html when
you have time.

raj