[FSF India] A call to start mirroring Crypto software

Ramakrishnan M rkrishnan@ti.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:17:59 +0530

Hi,

after the Sept 11 aftermath, it is very likely that US exporting laws will
become more strict as regard to the cryptography publishing in the form of
papers or books or software. I would like to request *everyone* who have access
to the internet to start downloading as much "cryptography software source
code" as possible and also announce them on this list.

We will have to find a mirror in India to host this software. If you are a
student, please talk to your professor and try to convince her/him about the
importance of this effort and try hosting them on your server. I hope
IIT/IISc/TIFR etc can host this software along with other mirrors easily.

But meanwhile, please start downloading the software, and accumulate as much of
them as possible.
To start with, please have a look at

1. http://www.cryptography.org (which will be redirected to
http://cache.qualcomm.com/) which has a huge repository of software.