[FSF India] Re: Lessons from the Mexican School Experiment

Richard Stallman fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:43:03 -0600 (MDT)

No matter what practical advantages there might seem to be, the FSF
cannot advocate the use of any non-free programs without contradicting
its basic principles.

There are thousands of others in our community who are ready to
compromise these principles, or who simply do not choose to regard the
matter as one of principle.  They will certainly tell users about
non-free drivers, but we can't expect them to tell users there is
something wrong with non-free drivers.  That is the FSF's job: to
remind people of the principles that the rest of our community tends
to forget.