[FSF India] Help - Debian distributions (fwd)

Radhakrishnan CV fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:36:25 +0530 (IST)

I'm re-sending a mail from Ajay Shah which might be useful to many
subscribers. Subscribers are also requested to point out any
mistakes and send suggestions to Ajay or this list to make the
documentation more useful.

Radhakrishnan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:21:14 +0530
From: Ajay Shah <ajayshah@igidr.ac.in>
Subject: Help - Debian distributions

Can you please see

http://www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah/COMPUTING/debian-distribution-principles.html

where I wrote down what I know about /etc/apt/sources.list in a way
that others might find useful.

* Do I have any mistakes?
* Give me useful links to documents on the net that I should add for
  a reader who wants to find out more.

On an unrelated note, I'm now trying to make a habit of writing up
such bits of knowledge and putting them into

  http://www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah/COMPUTING/index.html

in the hope that the search engines will find them, so it becomes
part of the knowledge base of the net that anyone can access. I used
to think that I should take the trouble of doing HOWTOs or FAQs that
go into linux distributions, and I've realised I'll never get around
to doing this. But it's better to put such content out rather than
to not do so.

        -ans.

Ajay Shah                                                  ajayshah@igidr.ac.in
Associate Professor, IGIDR                 URL http://www.igidr.ac.in/~ajayshah
<*(:-? - wizard who doesn't know the answer.