[FSF India] To Hackers in Bangalore ( and other places)

Ramakrishnan M fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 17:49:42 +0530

Vivekananda Prabhu wrote:

> Hackers, please start coding in your mother-tongues or
> local languages (after resolving IP issues). We have a
> thousand miles to go & we haven't covered Mile One.

This is a very very valid point. The first step in this regard will be to have
full Unicode (with UTF-8 encoding) support in the GNU/Linux Systems. And more
importantly, there are no *free* fonts (free in GNU sense) available for
GNU/Linux. The major contribution will be to make those fonts and make it
available free.

--
Ramakrishnan M