[FSF India] Open $ource is as dangerous as M$ (if not more)

Ramakrishnan M fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:48:49 +0530

Kalyan Varma wrote:

>         When I write code ( original from scratch ) I own the code.
> If my main aim is to make money, I sell it as a proprietary software like

I conclude that you are confused. GPL ensures the freedom of _users_ , which is
of utmost importance where as other licences (anything from MS licence to BSD
licence to MPL,QPL etc) ensures that _developer_ gets the full power on what
the user should do with the software. So it is the question of choice. You have
the freedom to be on any side. Most of use who believe in Free Software
Movement are for user's freedom.

--
Ramakrishnan M