[FSF India] LINK: Common ground between Linux, IT-for-development....

Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:25:16 +0530 (IST)

Dear GNU/Linux friends: This is a challenge before all of us. Can we work
on software that is of direct use to the man on the road?
A lot of work is underway across India, and elsewhere. For a listing
please visit the 'Social Investors Guide' at www.cks-b.org (bottom
lefthand button).
Unfortunately, while we share similar goals, both the IT-for-development
camp and the GNU/Linux camp seem to be working on parallel tracks. Can
we meet and share our synergies?
We at BytesForAll realise the immense positive fallouts that can occur
from greater interaction among both networks.
Would anyone be interested in working on software that could change the
life of the commonman/woman? Please visit the 'Development Lab' stall at
IT.com. If you have some interesting products that you might have already
worked on, please contact my friend Sunil (also a GNU/Linux enthusiast).
The corporate world has understood the power of GNU/Linux. Can we help the
not-for-profit sector to take to it in a big way too? See the posting
below also.
Eagerly looking forward to some productive links,
Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
http://www.bytesforall.org