[FSF India] Talking about free software in schools

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:13:23 +0530 (IST)

On 8 Nov 2001 at 12:50, Khuzaima A. Lakdawala wrote:

   ab@gnu-india.org (M.P.Anand Babu) writes:

   > I agree 100%. Lets work towards that. I guess the Board members
   > should come  up with the coordination plans.

   Where can I find a list of the Board members? (Shouldn't the
   "Who we are" link on fsf.org.in point to this information
   rather than pointing to the people page of FSF?) I had asked a
   couple of questions regarding FSF-India's registration status
   and authorised signatories to which there have been no answers
   yet. Is this some kind of privileged information :) ?

I dont know whether this is a privileged information or not. I
expected one of the FSF India Board members will come forward and
enlighten the subscribers with the names of current `ad hoc' board
which should have been done pretty early even before anyone asked
for the information.

I witnessed the creation of the ad hoc Board in an informal meeting
convened at the Golf Links, Trivandrum at the end of the FSF India
inaugural events. In this meeting, RMS nominated the following to
the FSF India Board:

 1. Prof Gopinath <gopi@csa.iisc.ernet.in>
 2. Dr E Krishnan <ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in>
 3. M Arun <arun@freedevelopers.net>
 4. Dr G Nagarjuna <nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in>
 5. Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@vsnl.com>

I assume that steps are under way to register FSF India as a
non-profit company and the process is not yet completed. As such FSF
India is not a legal entity at the moment. Till this is
materialized, a working group (which organised the inaugural events)
will take care of the FSF India matters. FSF India Working Group
comprises of:

1-5. All the ad hoc Board members
  6. Satish Babu <sb@inapp.com>
  7. K G Kumar <kg@myiris.com>
  8. Prof Srivatsan <director@iiitmk.org>
  9. K Anilkumar <anil@freedevelopers.net>
 10. S Rajkumar <raj2569@yahoo.com>
 11. P M Sasi <sasipm@yahoo.com>
 12. C V Rajagopal <cvr3@river-valley.org>
 13. Anand Babu <ab@gnu-india.org>

Hope this information is what you needed.

--
Radhakrishnan