[FSF India] Shouldn't we give a try, now that there is a space thrown open ?

Radhakrishnan CV radi@freedevelopers.net
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:54:01 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 at 21:40, CK Raju wrote:

[...]

Apologies for the delayed reply.

   As a part of the exercise, I had enquired about availability
   of financial application packages developed for Linux boxes.
   GnuCash and Sql-ledger were some packages, but I would like to
   know whether someone had seen or developed applications on
   MySQL/PHP (on thin clients, to reduce h/w cost overheads and
   allow scope for thin devices). GnuCash doesn't use a backend
   and Sql-Ledger uses PostgreSQL. I would also like to know
   whether someone would contribute efforts towards this exercise
   if I go ahead with the initial design and develop a prototype.
   (I sure am against reinventing wheel)

FreeDevelopers.Net (India) are in the process of releasing a
accounting package written in python, postgress as the backend SQL,
web based reports and multiuser. The work on the package is not yet
completed. The documentation needs to be written, further polishing
work still remains and a few bugs need to be fixed.

The site of FreeDevelopers (India) <www.freedevelopers.co.in> is
also on the making. As soon as the site is ready, a prebeta of the
package will be released.

--
Radhakrishnan