[FSF India] Whats in RH,SuSE or Debian

Kanti Jadia Kanti Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com
9 Nov 2001 06:34:55 -0000

hi all,
To us it does not matter which distribution,what matters is the contents.As long as we decide that we will use GNU GPL complaint software we(the users) are on the better side.
 Consider Apache,the most widely used and having most no. of platforms under the banner.should we start a GPL licensed Apache clone.I dont think so.
 Consider Sendmail,again licensing
 and again,again...

Bottom line.Use free software wherever feasable but dont think you are the only one.

Do you think consideration of distribution is critical for performance?
--Compile your software on your own and you will know for yourself.

Again i emphasize use what you want and not what is given to you(packaged).

The mail is not complete...........lets complete it