[FSF India] Talking about free software in schools

Mohit Agarwal mohit@tugindia.org.in
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:58:46 +0530

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 04:42:41PM -0800, M.P.Anand Babu wrote:
> Hi Khuzaima
>
> klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in (Khuzaima A. Lakdawala) writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My proposal has nothing to do with individual GNU/Linux distributions
> > or with any particular piece of free software for that matter. I am
> > only suggesting that we enlighten young and impressionable minds about
> > the *simple* philosophy of free software. I think this can certainly
> > be done without raking up distribution wars etc.
> >
> > The only reason I am proposing to do this under the "banner" of
> > FSF-India is because it exists! If there is another non-profit Indian
> > organisation whose purpose fits with the ideals of free software and
> > which wants to lend its name to this campaign then we will do it under
> > their banner, no problem.
>
> We should operate under FSF-India (gnu.org.in).
>
> FSF in India was my dream.

Tell us more about your dreams, ambitions.  Feel free, you're at home.

Anyways, the world (at least those on the list) know that you're a
cheat, a dishonest creature.  Why the fsck do you believe in fooling
the people around by showing as if you're the one and only (or the
most) devoted one for the cause of Free Software?  Do you suffer from
any grave disease?  You cheat.

> Roughly 2 years before I found hard to be with LUGs. They were
> moving towards OpenSource. But I know I was not standing

Did they refuse to talk about `Debain/GNU' after installing the
grossly unethical `RedHat/Linux' on their own machines and servers?

> alone. Initially a group of 6 including me, started with
> distributing GNU/Hurd CDs. We conducted lectures on GNU/Hurd

Tell us what else do you distribute.  I'd strongly recommend you to
seek the assistance of an advertising agency.  You want publicity,
right?  Maybe they can teach you dishonest creatures better.

> programming in Colleges and Schools. Today gnu-india.org is holding
> 126 subscribers.

Oh yes.  The world already recognizes you as the leader of the Open
Source movement, *cough*, forgive me, Free Software movement, *cough*.

It's time for somebody to write to the Nobel Foundation to do the
necessary to start a Nobel Prize in this area.  This way frauds,
rouges like you will be recognized, at least.

> We should move them to FSF-India lists and put a redirection link on
> the web site  to FSF-India web site. GNU-India.org still exists just
> because of the GNU/Hurd stuff on the site.
>

> > But I think it is very important to do this under the aegis of a
> > country-wide organisation. If a school principal receives a letter
> > from me as an individual, stating "I, a proponent of free software
> > hereby request you...", she will probably discard it without reading
> > further. But if she receives a letter from an organisation on its
> > official letterhead signed by an authorised signatory, it will make a
> > world of a difference.
> absolutely!!
> --
>  _.|_
> (_||_)
> Inspired by GNU <www.gnu.org>

Hey -- you cheat.  Complete your sig properly.  It should read:

Inspired by GNU <www.gnu.org> (at times, and for obvious reasons)