[FSF India] Talking about free software in schools

Raju Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 22:52:52 +0530 (IST)

    Mohit> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:02:44PM -0800, M.P.Anand Babu
    Mohit> wrote:

    Mohit> [snip]

    >> > wise to be with the heterogenous group and continue to talk >
    >> about the ethics and politics of free software as and when the
    >> > opportunity arises.  E.g., I dont refuse to install RH or
    >> SuSE > in a workshop, though I would love to show them Debian.
    >> I do I will refuse.

    Mohit> Yes, you should.  Because of several reasons: might be
    Mohit> because of itching in certain (?) parts of the body, might
    Mohit> be because it's always to portray a image in public that
    Mohit> might help you achieve things that you've been looking for.

While I may not agree with all his views, Anand Babu is one of the
most ethical people I know -- sometime too ethical :-) In general
making judgements about peoples' character without a sound knowledge
of how their minds work would seem to be a Bad Idea(tm).

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raju Mathur          raju@kandalaya.org           http://kandalaya.org/