[FSF-India] FSF France activity report

Loic Dachary fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:22:09 +0200

	Hi,

	I'd like to share with you our activity report. You will find more
information about our activities in France at
http://france.fsfeurope.org/index.en.html. You will also see links to
GNU or FSF reprensentations world wide in the top right menu bar,
including FSF India ;-)

	Take care,

----- http://france.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-05-20-01.en.html

                         FSF France activity report

     The [1]FSF Europe presence in France started its activity on April
     12, a little more than a month ago. We worked hard to launch the
     core activities that will allow us to implement the goals of the
     [2]FSF and the [3]FSF Europe : provide Free Software for everything
     and everyone and protect its existence when it is threatened.
     Building the [4]administrative and [5]informational infrastructure
     came first. It's an endless task but we had to create something to
     begin with: a [6]machine located in France that is integrated to
     the [7]GNU project and a [8]French non profit organization.

     Then it was necessary to establish working relationships with the
     French association acting since years for the Free Software
     movement in France: [9]APRIL. Cooperation between organizations
     requires some amount of magic. After two [10]brainstormings, an
     [11]exhibition, a [12]fiesta and many GNU project related
     activities the magic apparently worked. [13]APRIL members feel they
     belong to [14]the french chapter of FSF Europe (FSF France) and
     [15]FSF France members feel they belong to [16]APRIL. A French
     association dedicated to Free Software in education ([17]OFSET)
     recently united to [18]FSF Europe and we expect the same symbiosis