[FSF-India] [LONG] Freedom First - Activities.

Radhakrishnan CV fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:59:26 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 at 12:06, Denish Makadia wrote:

   Sorry for being impatient and shooting a mail with questions
   only, instead of offering some help.and Thanks for taking all
   the pain.

No problems, it is all part of any such efforts.

   I am not connected with Computer Profession, and attracted to
   FSF purely by the Philosophy it ( would have used WE) holds,

Excellent. We need people like you to come forward to take the
message to the people.

   and quite exited to meet the people in person who leave by
   that philosopy and unselfish motives. Moreover I would be
   attending first Conference in *Computers * field, at which I
   am a novice.{I am an Engineer in Plastics and work as a Works
   Manager with some organisation in Baroda. }

It is the user community that we value much and indeed they are the
starting point of any change that Free Software can bring forth.

   I am having the knowledge about FSF-I limited around the
   website and this list, (doesn't have any idea about how can I
   help, so anticipated that if anything )

You can help if you come a little earlier to the event, because we
need volunteers to do a variety of things. You can choose any type
of work that is fit for your mood, attitudes, abilities and so
on and it will be all the more fun and exciting for all of us.

   > Be patient, the details will appear very very soon.

   Will not be impatient, (I now think I had been impatient in
   process of Registration also), but now you might have got the
   idea of my eagerness, and again beg your pardon for spoiling
   The fine Monday Morning.

Dont be apologetic, we are all in the same boat and are eager to see
things move fast. Within two days (possibly today itself) you will
hear announcements about the details of topics and resource persons
of the pre-conference tutorial.

   But my contention was : Are all the Arrangements left to them
   only, without any helping hands ?or People are helping them
   but the discussions are offlist/ in person.

When an event is scheduled to happen at a particular geographical
location, naturally those available around can only help in the
logistics of the event at least in the initial period. Of course,
those from other parts of the country can do help during the event
which is always welcome from anyone.

   I didn't intended to break the privacy of anyone, but i was
   eager to know more about people I am going to see, and if it
   was a unfair, I dont have to ask anything about it.

I was sure about your pristine intentions, but sadly everyone cant
be expected to agree with your request.

   OTOH I request those prticipants to give me their contacts
   offlist,

That would be fine. Also by around 5th July, we will create another
list for participants to inform them programs, announcements and to
answer if the partipants have any querries.

   if they can help this newcomer to understand this
   field when i am there at Tutorials and Conference....

Dont worry, most of the tutorial presentations will be made
available well in advance and the URLs will be sent to you, so that
you will be familiar with the topics/issues that are being covered
in the tutorial.

--
Radhakrishnan