[FSF-India] Software

fsf-india@gnu.org.in fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:20:54 +0530

Hi -

I need to prepare a network for a construction firm for the sections:

* General Accounts
* Cash
* Registration certificates offered to their associates
* Building plans and
* Service file of their employees.

It's mandatory to have GUI as the building plans would be scanned copies of
the original sanctioned building plans. I think MySQL should be a good for
the database part but can the building plans thing, be incorporated in that
too ? And, what software would you people recommend, if we have something in
open source, that would suffice these for me.

Also would it be possible to implement something like, a main server
connected with the terminals on a LAN or it would be mandatory to keep every
machine with hard disk support.

I'm basically a novice and this is sort of a project work for me. Any and
all suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!