[FSF-India] RMS Interview

Suraj Kumar S. fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:48:22 +0530

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 11:22:09AM +0530, Ajith Kumar wrote:
> Radhakrishnan C V wrote:
> > On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 at 08:16, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> >    [Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:12:45PM +0530] K G Kumar :
> >    > No one wants a pat on the back, but we could do without
> >    > an (unintended, of course!) kick on the arse!
> >    If you took my pat to Alex as an unintended kick on the arse
> >    for you, I can be of no help !  Alex deserves the credit
> >    because it is he who put Sudarshana, Content Manager of TMG
> > Do we need to pat each other for what we all have done? Several
> > people have done their bit and it is obviously not for any pat from
> > anyone? Having read what Ragu has written above, we need to know
> > further.
> All these blah blah looks meaningless.  A good job is done. But the job
> is not over. If the final goal was listening to a talk by RMS these
> brayings are okey. Think about the goal. Listen to the recorded talk
> again. Free software users in India is a negligible minority. Please
> spend energies to do something
> to improve that situation and just dont waste it on blah blah blah.
> Ajith

All these blah blah is meaningless, I agree, we have just started and we have a
loong way to go.

But, when people like Rag00 bring up comments like this to this public list
(which comprise of people from all round the globe) about a few individuals
(who for him must have done some good work), is like forgetting all the effort
many many people here in Trivandrum and outside have put, to bring RMS here
in India and making this all event possible.

So, let's not waste our time and energy in such patting excersizes.
Let's move forward.

-suraj
--
GNU/Linux rulz!