[FSF-India] RMS Interview

Radhakrishnan C V fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:23:44 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 at 08:16, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

   [Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:12:45PM +0530] K G Kumar :

   > No one wants a pat on the back, but we could do without
   > an (unintended, of course!) kick on the arse!

   If you took my pat to Alex as an unintended kick on the arse
   for you, I can be of no help !  Alex deserves the credit
   because it is he who put Sudarshana, Content Manager of TMG

Do we need to pat each other for what we all have done? Several
people have done their bit and it is obviously not for any pat from
anyone? Having read what Ragu has written above, we need to know
further.

I'm not against or for any particular person, but obviously I cant
keep my tongue tied up for the ways Alex conducted himself in the
guesthouse where RMS stayed or during the informal meeting in the
Golf Club where RMS nominated the FSF Board members.

Alex demanded my guest house keeper to get ready with food for eight
persons that he will bring in that evening to dine with RMS, which
was quite abrasive and ebbed from bad taste or sheer hypocrisy.

He went on nominating one by one for the FSF Board when we assembled
in the Golf Club as if he is second to RMS and knows all the persons
assembled there and their contribution to the cause, although he was
nowhere in the picture during the months of strenuous organization
of the inaugural event. There are many persons who really really
deserve appreciation for their silent contribution.

Do we need to withstand the onslaughts of an immature young man in
his early twenties just because he made initial contacts with a TV
channel (I do whole heartedly appreciate it) or he cooked tasty food
for RMS?

Who knows, cooking good food for RMS maybe a kind of service to the
Free Software ;) And many a cheff around the world are indeed doing
a wonderful Free Software service :))

--
Radhakrishnan