[FSF-India] FTP Server Up...

Raghavendra Bhat fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:54:10 +0530

[Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 08:41:06PM +0000] Titty Jacob :

> We know well that recordings of the talk on
> 'Danger of software patents ' should not be in  a
> 'Patented' file format.

Please remove the .mp3 and .rm formats from the FTP
server.  If you remember, RMS declined to have his recent
talk at MIT "Copyright vs Community in the Age of
Computer Networks" web-cast for the very reason that the
players for these formats were/are not available for *free*.

> The .mp3 and .rm formats are for 'not-so-hard-core GNU's '.

The speech is by RMS and he has clear views on what formats
the recording should be re-distributed.  So clean out the .mp3
and .rm formats !
--
                          ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the  Air-Waves FREE...........Amateur Radio