[FSF-India] RMS Interview

K G Kumar fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:12:45 +0530

--=======6D9C7A6D=======

At 08:16 PM 7/27/01 +0530, Rag00 wrote:
>All credits go to Alex M. Alex for getting the TMG guys
>down to Tiruvananthapuram.  Thanks Alex for your effort
>in getting the crew of TMG for an exclusive interview

Hello???... -;)  From which planet have you descended now?

For most of us involved with the event (not the "Movement", which is too
grandiloquent for such puny mortals like us...),  there has been a world
which predates the flamboyant entry of Alex M Alex (AmA)... Though we must
thank him for being so hospitable to RMS...

Rag00 --- please, if you think this particular team (u guys are so ignorant
of the ways of the media  -- the TMG team which came down to Tvm came fm
Madras/Chennai, and had no ideas of their Blor'e team's moves-- remember,
this [the B'lore team] was the team AmA told me to get in touch with ...the
B'lore team, to whom we sent a written (couriered)  invitation, which
fetched zero response...)

All of us are happy we got exposure on TMG, but, please, in the holy
tradition of RMS, be precise! No one wants a pat on the back, but we could
do without an (unintended, of course!) kick on the arse!

Though I've posted this to the list, it's Rag00's overenthusiastic post
that has prompted me to fire off what should essentially have been a
personal reply to him...

But what the hell...I'm sure Rag00 will understand...and so will the list...

Anyone who has any doubts about how this particular team (led by a very
fine young guy, who did several interviews for a longish story) landed up
in Tvm, should also talk to Satish Babu (who was also interviewed for that
particular program), and find out how one particular phone call led to a
story...

---