[FSF-India] kernel.org and gnu mirror

Abhas Abhinav fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:51:37 +0430 (AFT)

Hi Everyone...

We are pround to announce a mirror site right here in India - http://www.kernel.org.in.
Its officially registerd as a kernel.org mirror - check out
http://www.kernel.org/mirrors/

Anyway, at Kernel.Org.In, our idea is to have a complete GNU/Linux software
mirror right here in India. As of now, we the kernel.org and gnu.org FTP
sites mirrored daily. Shortly, LDP should be here as well. Our aim is to
finally have the apache and samba projects, GNOME and KDE sites, ibiblio archives
and rpmfind.net mirrored locally. In addition to these *big* sites, we also
plan to mirror smaller repositories such as ReiserFS.

The important thing is to enable more involved testing and development by
Indian developers since they will have faster downloads to the stuff they
want to work upon.

Please visit http://www.kernel.org.in for more information. HTTP access to
the archives is through http://www.kernel.org.in/mirrors/ and FTP access is
through ftp://ftp.kernel.org.in . If you have any suggestions or comments
on something you like or don't like - please write in to
mirrors@kernel.org.in.

Do test out the site fully... and tell us how you find the speed...

cheers,
Abhas.

--
Abhas Abhinav	        | Server Appliances. Linux Support.
CEO, DeepRoot Linux 	| Open Source at its product-ive best.