[FSF-India] The Hindu Article on Linux Today

alex fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:24:24 +0530 (IST)

HI ALL
      STOP THIS RUBBISH

      Redhat is commercial packing of gnu/{kernel}.
      Promote only free stuff viz free packaging of
      the free software Debian gnu/{kernel}.

      FSF list is for philosophical and political
      issues of the free software.
regards
alex

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Mohit Agarwal wrote:

> Today at 14:25 +0530, Nikhil wrote:
>
> : I have a Pentium 100MHz with 32 MB RAM and 2.1 GB HDD.
> : Can u suggest a suitable version of Linux for me, which will work
> : reasonably under these configuration.
> : Will KDE work with these configuration?
>
> Try RedHat 6.2 with some window manager like BlackBox.  KDE requires a lot
> of system resources, and might pose difficulties.
>
> mohit

alex@hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in
http://hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~alex

alex@violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in
http://violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~alex

alex@picopeta.com
http://www.picopeta.com
Alex M Alex
Associate (Business Development)
PicoPeta Simputers Private Limited.
146,5th Cross,RMV Extension,Bangalore -560 080
phone:91-80-3467567,3468184/5/6,3467160(direct)
fax: 91-80-3467568
email:alex@picopeta.com url:www.picopeta.com