[FSF-India] debian newbie

M Balakrishna Pillai fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:26:34 +0530

kamesh jayachandran wrote:

> Hai all,
> I am new to debian GNU/linux.I installed it in my friend's machine.I have some
> problem in configuring X.
> The error I get is
> "_X11TransSocketUNIX connect can't connect:errno=111
> X connection to :0.0 broken
> What are the utilities in debian used to configure the network card?
> with regards
> kamesh jayachandran
>
> Windows is a 32 bit patch to a 16 bit GUI based on 8 bit OS written for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company which cannot stand 1 bit of competition.
> Software Engineer
> Planetasia Ltd
> Bangalore

Try anXious at command prompt . You can also use  xf86config,  XF86Setup
and xf86cfg with XFree86 version 4 onwards. "xf86cfg will create a file
called XF86Config-new in your home directory (/root ) copy this to
/etc/X11R6/ and rename as XF86Config-4, you may also have to make
symbolic link of /usr/X11R6/bin/X to /etc/X11R6/X. Execute X at command
prompt.