[FSF-India] RE: [FSF-India] The Hindu article on FS

Ramakrishnan M fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:27:23 +0530

Raju Mathur wrote:

> The direct URL to the article is:
>
>     http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2001/07/12/stories/0612000a.htm
>
> Great article, hope to see more like it in the mainstream press.  I'd
> have liked to see a tad more of differentiation between free as in
> freedom and free as in beer (the difference doesn't come out in the
> article), but maybe that got chopped at the editor's table.

In the same yesterday's issue of hindu, probably you might have noticed several
occurances of the word "hackers" in the wrong context. i.e they meant
"crackers". What I usually do, is send a mail to the editor saying that this is
wrong. They haven't ever published my letter; that's not my intend too. I just
wanted to let them know that their usage is wrong. I encourage all of you to do
so if you encounter inappropriate use of the word "hacker"....

--
Ramakrishnan M       <rkrishnan@ieee.org>
GPG: 1024D/6A9F3C38  WWW: http://www.symonds.net/~rkrishnan/