[FSF-India] Help me out...

Rajkumar S. fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:40:21 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Pappu wrote:

> 2) If you develop non-free software, what guarantee do I have that people
>    will pay money for it, rather than copy it illegally from a friend?

Why should I pay for free software when I can just copy it from my
friend?

In a place where people would rather illegally copy a software than
pay for it, what are the chances of revenue generation if the software
can be copied legally?

Personally I think to do business with free software requires a new
business model. The MS style sale of license will not work for free
software. Free Software companies should provide the customers
solution and support rather than products.

raj