[FSF-India] Help me out...

Pappu fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:50:38 +0530

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:50:48AM +0530, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> [Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 06:08:27PM +0530] Varun Sinha :
>
> > it wasn't able to completely convince me on the
> > economic viability of free software

I have a few doubts..

1) If you would pay for non-free software, why wouldn't you pay for the
   same software + FREEDOM?

2) If you develop non-free software, what guarentee do I have that people
   will pay money for it, rather than copy it illegally from a friend?

3) If you hide your source code by just providing the binaries, what
   guarentee do you have that someone will not use some tool to reverse
   engineer your code and use it?

I believe that you can give me answers, since you seem to be convinced of
the economic viability of non-free software.

Thanks in advance,
pappu.