[Fsf-india] Re: [Fsf Education] Fwd: Free Software for Education

Jayan S R jsr@xstreamindia.co.in
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:27:15 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, ramakrishnan wrote:

> This seem to be a good idea, and as Arun said, yes, it is good to educate teachers
> first and then the students. But I think today's plus-2 students are smart enough to
> appreciate free software. Unfortunately, CBSE is giving heavy dosages of C/C++

Not all Schools have C/C++ in the Syllabus. Most of the KV Schools have
FoxPro and MS Excel in 11th and 12th std, and this is serious!

> instead of teaching some good scripting languages like Scheme/Lisp/Python which
> will enrich their mind and appreciate programming more.

I do not agree. What I think is to get a good hold of the machine They
have to start with ALP in a mild way and then continue with C/C++.

--
         jayan.