[Fsf-india] BadTrans Worm in FSF-INDIA !

Gopal V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:20:00 +0530

Hi Guys,

--- S Nandakumar <_nandkumr@hd2.dot.net.in> wrote:

<HR>

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<iframe src=cid:EA4DMGBP9p height=0 width=0>
</iframe></BODY></HTML>>

This is really funny . FSF-INDIA mailing list is attacked by
W32.Badtrans.B@mm and all windows machines crash.The dyed in the wool
FSF guys escaped while the Micros$oft users suffer. The above html
code is for running the worm as an ActiveX control. Only M$ OE will
open it and get infected.

	The poor guy who submitted this may not even know he has posted
a virus, but still he is using M$ outlook-express. I wouldn't blame him
but i'd stick to my trusty mutt. freesoftware is better,faster and
safer.

	Also the next time somebody else posts a virus , make it a good
one, like a herf gun. The windows boxes need a cleaning.

	I detected it simply because *.pif files never weigh in more
than 4 kb. I scanned it @ yahoo and confirmed the virus. Most FSF
guys wouldn't even have given it more than a look and cat >/dev/null'd
it.

Gopal.V
--
The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success