[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Radhakrishnan CV cvr@river-valley.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:22:44 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 at 18:46, Pappu wrote:

   I was asking about activities going on at fsf-india. How do I
   do this job unless I have the required information? I happen
   to hear about an fsf-india board and an fsf-india working
   group. I am looking for activity reports of these two
   entities. Pardon me if I am not supposed to know these
   details.

   Why is this particular question always overlooked? If you look

It is not overlooked at all as far as I can imagine. There is
nothing notesworthy relating to software projects happening around
except for the registration efforts and discussions with government
to pursue them to adopt Free Software and to request financial
assistance for Free Software projects, the former by the Board and
the latter by Arun and Dr Krishnan.

However, I do hopefully believe that things are going in the right
direction so far as the FSF India registration and the discussions
with the government are concerned as evidenced by the IT policy of
government of Kerala. So their efforts are not in vain.

Also I guess, the Board may be of the opinion that a definitive
point/stage hasn't reached to inform the subscribers about the
status of registration and other things. In the absence of a
substantive result, they may be waiting for something concrete to be
announced.

   at the first mail sent by Ramakrishnan, he had asked about
   "activities" and the above quote from my email is regarding
   this point.

--
Radhakrishnan