[Fsf-india] Need Help

ramakrishnan gnuhead@myrealbox.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:01:08 +0550

[Resending this reply, as it bounced initially, so please ignore if you get multiple copies]

     I'm Praveen.S a B-tech computer science final semester student in TKMCE , Kerala. We
     people like to start an FSF group in the college. If somebody can help or give the details
     about urls please help

Hi,

I hope you understand the philosophies behind Free Software. I would advice you to first look
at these pages.

To understand and appreciate the freedoms given to you by free software, see

Another good essay to look at is
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html

There is another good article on "Freedom or Power"
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/freedom-or-power.html

It also makes sense to read about the history of GNU project.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-history.html

A more complete history is here:
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/thegnuproject.html

In general, look at this page which has links to the above pages and more:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html

Please get back  to the list with questions, if you have doubts after reading any of these
points.

--
Ramakrishnan M  <rkrishnan@debian.org> | http://people.debian.org/~rkrishnan/