[FSF India] GNU/Linux vs Linux

Raghavendra Bhat fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:33:06 +0530

[Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 04:17:52AM -0700] Vivekananda Prabhu :

> MS Craig Mundie attends Open Source ( not Free Software)
> conference. In fact he is invited there to attend FSF
> conference which he refuses to. Craig Mundie sings paeans
> for BSD licenses while criticizing GPL (subtly).

He is actually singing 'elegies' for the benefit of our
Open Source guys who think that the BSD license is great !
He is doing the bidding of his master to further the goal of
'embracing & extending' all of the software under the Open
Source guys' hats.  There will be no money to be made by these
Open Source guys/developers and by the time they realize this
it will be too late and they may have to increase the contrast
of their eyes :(  M$ would have made 'good, clean' money by
'stealing' the code of our OSS guys; M$ brand of innovation.

Craig Mundie cannot answer questions of the Free Software
Conference attendees (if he were to attend) because he will
start blabbering when the issue of *Software Freedom* is raised.
He very well knows that only the GPL can protect an ordinary
developer.  He fears the GPL and its *fundamentalist brigade*
for giving us (the developer and the end-user) *Software Freedom*.

The FreeBSD license is a 'black hole' trap because it neither
protects the Developer nor makes life easier for the End User.

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio